Posted date [2012-Feb-23] (ID: 2909)
thePlatform helps content providers and video sites meet their unique broadband video publishing requirements. Our services scale with our customers’ operations and support their business model with an open, versatile approach to providing the ideal technical solution for their needs. Our proven media management and publishing technology services scale with our customers’ operations and support their business model with an open, versatile approach to providing an ideal technical solution for their needs.
This Solutions Architect role requires a strong technical program management background and several years of development experience. thePlatform’s media publishing system SDK and custom solutions are extensive and require in-depth technical understanding to apply them effectively. Solutions Architects do not contribute code to the project codebase, but being able to prototype new functionality is important. This position offers a tremendous opportunity to learn from a broad range of customers, technologies, and project types, and a chance to interact with some of the largest media organizations in North America and abroad.
· Serve as primary technical contact with the client.
· Gather product requirements from customers.
· Evaluate, and when necessary prototype, alternatives to determine the most appropriate approach for each solution.
· Determine how to satisfy these requirements using thePlatform's SDK and services. Where appropriate, define new services to fulfill a project's particular needs.
· Prepare functional specifications that can be understood by customers and internal development teams.
· Work with the professional services team members to estimate the work for a given project.
· At times work directly with the sales force to coordinate new projects, many of which will involve multiple phases.
· Transition finished projects to the support group.
· Represent thePlatform in discussions with client’s engineering, marketing, business development, and other high-level departments.
· Strong technical program management experience and experience defining and developing against SDKs.
· Proven experience as a technical leader. Demonstrated ability to lead the design and development of complex applications.
· At least 5 years software experience at an engineering level.
· Strong sense of responsibility and ownership for the success of projects.
· Understanding of and experience with the full software development lifecycle, including functional and technical specification, implementation, QA processes, deployment, and maintenance.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Keen attention to detail and a high level of commitment.
· Ability and confidence to work closely with select customers in pre-sales and collaborative scenarios.
· Proven experience with SOA, design patterns, web services technologies, and UI design.
· Knowledge of rich media and content management a plus.
This is a great place to work! – We consider our company to be one of the best-kept secrets in town! We take pride in our incredibly bright and driven employees who believe in the importance of having fun while being the best they can be. Our location in the downtown Seattle area means that biking trails, coffee shops, and funky neighborhood delis are mere steps away from our office. We work with cutting-edge technologies and value a team approach to solve the many exciting and ever-changing business challenges we encounter every day. We are determined to create an environment where our employees are valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated to provide our customers with the best digital media management services in the industry.
While we enjoy our dynamic work environment and fast-paced culture, we are also able to offer our employees spectacular benefits typically seen only at very large organizations, including free cable and an employee stock purchase plan, due to our company’s association with Comcast. Please visit our Careers page to learn more about our culture and benefits.