Inside Sales Representative
Posted date [2012-Mar-05] (ID: 2939)
Inside Sales Representative
thePlatform, the industry-leading provider of broadband video management and publishing solutions, is seeking an experienced Inside Sales Representative to drive sales of our video management and publishing service (mpx).
thePlatform helps content providers and video sites meet their unique broadband video publishing requirements. Our services scale with our customers’ operations and support their business model with an open, versatile approach to providing the ideal technical solution for their needs. Customers include Comcast, Fox Sports Network, NBC, PBS, Rogers, Time Warner Cable, Liberty Global and numerous others.
This Inside Sales Representative will develop new prospects using a variety of sales tools and interact with potential customers primarily over the phone and via web conferencing tools such as GoToMeeting. This person will report to the Director of Technical Sales and will work with the marketing and sales team to understand the market and determine the best approach for generating new customers.
· Contribute to lead generation activities with customer prospecting emails and phone calls.
· Understand thePlatform products and services and be able to demonstrate their value
· Meet or exceed quota for region
· Build, maintain and convert a sales pipeline
· Utilize Salesforce.com to manage and track leads, prospects and customers
· Provide accurate and timely forecasts
· Support the sales and marketing team with new ideas and contributions
· Work with other members of thePlatform to build a healthy team environment
· Represent thePlatform at industry events
· Success selling internet-based products and services
· Knowledge of the digital media space preferred
· Ability to assist in creating customer outreach emails and marketing campaigns
· Comfortable cold-calling and emailing to generate leads and contacts
· Strong sense of responsibility and ownership for the success of your pipeline.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Keen attention to detail and a high level of commitment.
· Ability and confidence to work closely with select customers in pre-sales and collaborative scenarios.
thePlatform is a great place to work - we consider our company to be one of the best-kept secrets in town! We take pride in our incredibly bright and driven employees who believe in the importance of having fun while being the best they can be. Our location in downtown Seattle means that the waterfront, biking trails, funky coffee shops and lunch restaurants are mere steps away from our office. We are determined to create an environment where our employees are valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated to provide our customers with the best digital media management services in the industry.
While we enjoy our dynamic work environment and fast-paced culture, we also believe in a healthy work/life balance and varied interests in life. At thePlatform, you will find many cycling enthusiasts, avid runners, passionate climbers and skiers who work hard and play hard – but no one plays as hard as our very own thePlatform soccer team! We have musicians, writers and artists who add a creative and colorful dimension to our enjoyment of the office life. We have true coffee aficionados who embody our city’s coffee culture – not to mention bring wonderful morning aromas into our kitchen. We would love for you to bring your passions to our growing team!
This position will be filled at thePlatform headquarters in Seattle, WA. thePlatform offers competitive compensation and spectacular benefits typically seen only at very large organizations, including free cable, internet and an employee stock purchase plan, due to our company’s association with Comcast. Please visit our Careers page to learn more about our culture and benefits.
Like us on Facebook! We're cool! - http://www.facebook.com/theplatform.people