Posted date [2012-Jun-14] (ID: 3174)
Zetron, Inc., a recognized industry leader in providing mission-critical communication applications worldwide. For over 30 years, Zetron has been designing, developing, implementing and manufacturing mission-critical communications solutions for public safety, transportation, utilities, manufacturing, healthcare and business applications throughout the world. We maintain a strong global presence through alliances with world-class system integrators, a global network of resellers in over 60 countries, and through our own international facilities. Zetron, Inc. is wholly owned subsidiary of JVC Kenwood Corporation.
Great Place for Your Career
Zetron, Inc. has been a stable employer for the last 30 years, and continues to grow profitably even in today’s very challenging economy. People join us -- and stay with us -- for our products, fulfilling careers, competitive pay and benefits, and for friendly and supporting environment.
For more information visit: www.zetron.com.
Please note that to be considered you must apply on online at www.zetron.com.
General purpose of the position
We are looking for a Project Engineer to be the primary source of technical expertise for our projects.
As a successful Project Engineer you will
· Provide technical pre-sale and after-sale expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, installation and maintenance of company products.
· Assist sales staff to assess potential application of company products to meet customer needs and prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer applications/solutions.
· May provide follow-up support to sales staff and customer by disseminating technical information on specific applications.
· Ensure that the product application/solution is functioning according to specifications.
· This position does not have any direct reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Manages both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities including assessment of client needs, preparation of product specifications for development and installation.
· For all projects, manages the technical aspects of the project, serves as liaison between the project management office, development engineering and manufacturing operations and the customer's technical staff.
· Supports the development of bids and proposals for new contracts by providing estimates of project management and project engineering required efforts.
· For an external contract, writes the system requirements specification (SRS) for the project.
· Attends bid review meetings if required and assist in the development of annual budget if requested.
· Familiar with the contents of agreements and contracts that pertain to the project under management.
· Participates in the design review process as required.
· Provides technical expertise support to the Project Manager, and is able to converse with the customer, system sales, the development engineering function and manufacturing to ensure the customer’s expectations and technical requirements are met.
· Provides system level trouble shooting and technical skills with the highest level of problem solving.
· Ensures accurate and timely system testing and recording of faults as required by the project.
· Ensures accurate and timely production of engineering design documentation including as-built system documentation, customer needs assessment, requirements trace matrix, acceptance test procedures, bills of materials, installation and commissioning documents, and detailed upgrade procedures.
· Accurately maintains project and QA records including fault records, test result sheets, configured records, and technical documentation.
· Provides progress reports, both orally and in writing to the Project Manager.
· Other duties as assigned by the Company.
· Must be able to periodically travel overnight and internationally, about 30% of the time.
· Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull 25 lbs.
· Must be able to use hands to finger, handle and feel.
· Must be able to see, including close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project.
· Active Listening, communication skills, problem solving when under pressure, facilitation, and working with all levels of the organization.
· Ability to influence and work effectively under pressure and time deadlines.
· Entry to a customer site may be contingent, by contract, upon the employee passing a drug test and/or ongoing background screen.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, with 5+ years of progressively responsible related experience in deploying radio, telecommunications, IP networks or large-scale, or equivalent combination communications systems.
· FCC GMR and/or HAM radio licenses, preferred.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. Please note that there is no relocation budget for this position.
Zetron, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit www.zetron.com
Please visit www.zetron.com
Scroll over the Company tab and Click on Careers
Click on Apply Online US
Click on Apply Online US
Select US Job Listings and Search
No phone calls, agencies, or third parties.